Monthly Archives: September 2012
The F2P Summit is running (as I type) in London today. We couldn’t make it down but we’re capturing golden nuggets of game design/marketing goodness via the Twitter-stream (search for #F2PSummit)
Nicholas Lovell (@gamesbrief) has just finished a session giving his take on the rules for F2P game design which we thought we’d share here for your reading pleasure…..
- Rule 15 from @nicholaslovell on F2P games making: ‘It never ends’. What to do and what to learn is an ongoing process.
- Rule 14 from @nicholaslovell: Experiment. But know what you are looking for when doing so, don’t risk too much, and learn from it
It’s hard to say much when you are in stealth mode but here’s what we can say….
- The biggest opportunities in gaming lie with MOBILE devices
- SOCIAL does not mean spam, it means games are inherently fun because you are playing with other people
- PLAYERS could be CO-CREATORS
- We genuinely think that it is fantastic that your mom is now playing games, but we want to make mobile games that your mom won’t like…..games that are just a little bit ‘Evil’